"He should be my film's protagonist." Time for a final recap. Each year, I am lucky for the opportunity to return to the splendid city of Venice in Northern Italy to attend the Venice Film Festival and catch the latest films premiering there. Unfortunately the selection at Venice 2026 was a huge disappointment - there were so few good films to talk about, that I can only really highlight these 6 films below worthy of being watched. The last few years were much better, but this year not a single film wowed me. This was my 10th year returning to Venice, and I'm always happy to be back, no matter how the films turn out (good or bad – it's fun to be there and watch everything). In total, I viewed 32 films during Venice this year. The Golden Lion winner (Woman Unknown) was not one of my favorite of the fest by a long shot, however the Grand Prix runner up Possible Love is the one that actually should've won instead. I'm depressed by just how bad the line-up was! Nonetheless, I still want to mention my 6 favorites from Venice 2026 anyway. I always do my best to watch as many films as I can, hoping to find any hidden gems and breakout hits amid the debuts. // Continue Reading ›
from FirstShowing.net https://ift.tt/RTLv1te








No comments:
Post a Comment