Fade into Harlem After Dark - 'IWOW: I Walk on Water' Doc Trailer

IWOW: I Walk on Water Trailer

"[A] deep dive into Harlem after dark…" Dogwoof has unveiled the first trailer for the upcoming UK release of a documentary called I Walk on Water, also known as IWOW: I Walk on Water, from visionary artist Khalik Allah (of Black Mother most recently). The basic description says this is "an intimate and visually stunning" exploration of Harlem. But here's what it's really about: inspired by psychedelic mushrooms, the filmmaker sees himself as a reincarnation of Jesus, with his mission of charity among Harlem's poor. Very interesting. Allah, who made his debut with the 2015 documentary Field Niggas, explained: "My objective hasn't changed, it's always been to keep it real with myself; to stay true to my vision and to have the courage to express it cinematically. IWOW is a sort of first-person documentary poem; a statement of my artistic integrity and my uncompromising dedication to the streets." Looks like a mesmerizing trip around Harlem. ›››

Continue Reading Fade into Harlem After Dark - 'IWOW: I Walk on Water' Doc Trailer



from FirstShowing.net https://ift.tt/2LUHZ8f
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Ordered List

  1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  2. Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  3. Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

Sample Text

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation test link ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Definition List

Definition list
Consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.

Pages