Venice 2022: Frederick Wiseman's Boring Poetry Slam 'Un Couple'

Un Couple Review

For the last few years, I've been complaining to colleagues about how film festivals too often fill their line-up with films that are in no way innovative or interesting. Nowadays they end up showing many dry, tedious, dull features that are just so slow and meandering and abstract that many critics of course lose theirs mind over, while everyone else falls asleep within the first 10 minutes. Un Couple is the epitome of this kind of monotonous film that does not belong at any film festival and is ultimately an annoyingly boring and useless creation. It's nothing more than a 60 minute performance of a poem (or technically, letters) intercut with some stock footage shots of flowers and nature. Huh? Why is this playing at the Venice Film Festival? This "film" doesn't belong here. It's not often I get so upset at a film that I write an intensely negative review, but this one bothered me so much and I can't help speaking my mind about it. Even if I'm the only one who feels this way, I have to express my thoughts to put them to rest to move on and exorcise this film from my mind. ›››

View the Post: Venice 2022: Frederick Wiseman's Boring Poetry Slam 'Un Couple'



from FirstShowing.net https://ift.tt/e8zAfLn
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Ordered List

  1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  2. Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  3. Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

Sample Text

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation test link ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Definition List

Definition list
Consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.

Pages